VolunteerWNY @ The Service Collaborative
Recruit. Mobilize. Volunteer.
VolunteerWNY @ TSC is an initiative funded under the Volunteer Generation Fund. VolunteerWNY will specifically focus its efforts to combat homelessness in WNY. Through recruitment, training, placing and managing volunteers, VolunteerWNY will make a demonstrable impact on the root causes of poverty within Western New York. We serve Erie, Niagara, Allegany, Cattaraugus and Chautauqua Counties. VolunteerWNY will provide services to help economically disadvantaged and homeless individuals find appropriate housing; to prevent eviction and/or homelessness; and to assist individuals in accessing appropriate housing.
Community Partners can post volunteer needs and community members can find volunteer opportunities!
"Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love."
- Increase capacity of four identified community partner organizations offering homeless prevention services. These partners include: ACCORD, Matt Urban Hope Center, Compass House and Community Missions of Niagara Frontier.
- Assist with recruitment, development and placement of a minimum of 380 volunteers.
- Coordinate with partner organizations and community volunteers to increase the impact of service to clients, specifically providing direct assistance to alleviate poverty to at least 350 families and/or individuals.
- Coordinate homeless focused community partners, volunteers and resources for Days of Service.
- Report Volunteer Impact on addressing homelessness in WNY.
ACCORD Corporation: As a Community Action Agency we believe in the strength, dignity, and potential of all people. We offer access to opportunities, resources, and services to strengthen individuals, families and communities. We are committed to improving the community's response to rural poverty and giving a voice to the unheard.
Compass House: Since 1972, Compass House has made the difference between homelessness and hope in the lives of Western New York youth. Our mission? To provide runaway, homeless and street youth with safe shelter and services, through a voluntary and mutually agreed-upon process, in an environment that supports dignity, respect and self-reliance. In a context where young people live in unsafe homes, on the edge of homelessness and with few options, we consider our mission a vital one.
Matt Urban Hope Center: The Matt Urban Hope Center responds to the needs of the community by hosting family-focused events, informative workshops, free tax preparation, benefits screening, housing and job assistance.
Community Missions of Niagara Frontier: A community-based, independent, non-profit, religious service agency providing residential and support services to persons and families in need without regard to race, sex, religion, or national origin; in a way that the persons or families served are respected for and can ultimately fulfill their maximum potential.
Visit www.VolunteerWNY.org for opportunities to volunteer in WNY.
Community partners can utilize the site to post volunteer needs.