WNY Housing Resources
Whether you are behind on your mortgage payments or are looking to purchase your first home, resources abound in WNY that will help you through the confusing process of home purchase or foreclosure.
First Home Clubs
The Federal Home Loan Bank of New York launched the FIRST HOME CLUB (FHC) to help income qualified first-time homebuyers save towards the purchase of a new home.
FHC Subsidy funds can be used to provide down payment and closing cost assistance to qualified first-time homebuyers who follow a systematic savings plan and participate in an approved homeownership counseling program.
This opportunity is too good to pass up!
- They are a first-time homebuyer
- Reside and purchase their home within HLB’s district area (New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands)
- Gross household income is 80% or less of the area median income
- Open a dedicated savings account with an approved member and agree to save on a monthly basis for 10-24 months
- Complete an approved homebuyer counseling program
- Execute the FHC Enrollment Terms and Conditions Agreement
- Obtain mortgage financing from the member
- At closing, execute a subordinate mortgage for subsidy funds for a 5 year term
- One-to-four family homes, co-ops, condos, and mobile homes attached to a permanent foundation on buyer owned land within the HLB’s district area (New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
Click here to get started!
First-time Homebuyer Programs
Help alleviate the burden of closing costs or downpayments!
First Time Homebuyer Programs are provided by the city or county in which you hope to purchase your home. The amount of funds available and conditions placed on them vary greatly across WNY.
Click here for a detialed list of WNY First Time Homebuyer Programs.
Are you 60-90 days behind on your mortgage? Don't panic! Many local organizations can work with you to help you get back on track!
Foreclosure is a long, drawn out process. If you have received a complaint of late payment from your lender it is not time to move out! Click here for a simple explanation of the foreclosure process.
If you would like more information and you're not sure where to turn, use this table to contact resources in Erie County. If you live outside Erie county, click here to find the appropriate county list.